Teaching Kids About Investing

My latest Financial Edge article for Investopedia is about teaching your kids about investing.

I don't have kids, but I do have parents who were good enough to never treat me like I was too young or too stupid to understand financial concepts. I must have been ten years old when my dad told me that most of your mortgage payments for the first several years go toward interest and that you don't really pay for the house itself until the final years of the mortgage.

There are a few things they didn't do for me that I wish they had, like have me open an IRA when I was 16, and now that I am older and know better, those experiences also play into my recommendations for teaching kids about investing. Check out my article over at Investopedia for some pointers on some of the most important lessons you can teach your kids about investing.


Digg! * Stumble Upon Toolbar

Post by Amy Fontinelle

Post by Amy Fontinelle

Comments

Popular Posts