How Credit Cards Can Make You Money (and I'm Not Talking about 1% Cash Back)

I started reading a blog called My Money Blog about five years ago. I don't remember how I came across it, but it's one of the most popular personal finance blogs on the Internet, and with good reason. The deals and advice provided by author Jonathan have helped me earn thousands of dollars that I might not have otherwise, kept me up-to-date with trends in online banking, and caused me to rethink some of my investments. If there is a good deal to be had or an important investing decision to be made, I know that Jonathan will post about it. I don't need to look anywhere else.

One of the best things I've learned from Jonathan is the subject of my latest Financial Edge article for Investopedia: Cash In On Credit Card Signup Bonuses.

If you could easily make several hundred extra dollars a year with minimal effort, would you do it? Most people would say yes, but when you tell them that the way to do it is by opening new credit card accounts, they get nervous. They're afraid that the new accounts will damage their credit scores or that there's some kind of catch.

The truth is that it's easy to make money from credit card sign-up bonuses, and there isn't a catch as long as you pay your bill in full and on time and look out for annual fees. Read the full article and get my tips for understanding and making the most of these offers here: Cash In On Credit Card Sign-Up Bonuses.

Whenever I try to explain this tactic to my friends or family members, they seem to dismiss it offhand as a bad idea. Maybe this article will change some of their minds, or at least allow them to understand where I'm coming from. More importantly, I hope it will inspire more people to take advantage of the great offers that are out there.

Comments

Popular Posts