Saving Money on Frufru Drinks

One of the best ways to save money at restaurants is to drink water. But I really like wine, coffee, horchata -- and most of all, I really like boba tea. All those artificial flavors and colors and sugar are terrible for you, I know, but it tastes so good! I generally shell out around $3.50 for a 16 oz drink. If my boyfriend and I each get our own drinks, we pay a total of $7. However, if we agree on a flavor, we can upgrade to a 20oz for about 50 cents. Yes, we each get 6 oz less to drink, but I often don’t finish the whole drink anyway.

If you grew up in a family with mulitple kids, you’re probably already familiar with this concept. My parents would always get two extra large sodas at fast food restaurants and the five of us would share. I really hated sharing straws, but my dad saved a ton of money over buying five individual drinks.

So the next time you’re buying a drink with someone you’re close to, consider getting the larger size and sharing and you’ll each save a couple bucks.

Comments

Popular Posts