Saving Money on Frappucinos

I really like Starbucks’ frappucinos. But they cost almost $4 per drink (and most have 300+ calories, depending on what size and flavor you order and whether you add whipped cream). Though the bottled frappucinos that you can buy at the grocery store don’t have the same flavor or texture, they do stave off my cravings for the most part and get me four drinks for the price of one.

However, I’ve found an even cheaper way to satisfy my tastebuds.

Brew several cups of coffee, using 1T of grounds for every 6oz of water.

After the coffee has brewed, add 1T sugar and 1T half and half for every 8oz of coffee and stir to dissolve the sugar.

Refrigerate and enjoy! This recipe has a little less cream and sugar than the bottled frappucinos, but I always thought they were too sweet and creamy so I’m actually happier with my homemade version. This recipe has about 100 calories per 12 ounces, while the bottled frappucinos have 200 calories per 12 ounces and a long list of somewhat unidentifiable ingredients. With this recipe, you not only save money, you also make a healthier eating choice.



Tags:

Comments

Mom2fur said…
Yummy! I'll add about a teaspoon of vanilla to my container of half-and-half to make my coffee like "French Vanilla."

Popular Posts